Tuesday 7 June 2011

Three reasons I love working in London

A couple of months ago I realised that my life had become pretty narrow so I left my safe little job in Godalming and headed for the Big Smoke. I feel like I'm still adjusting to the commute, but here is why I love working in the City.

1. When I can get the slightly earlier train, I have enough time to walk to work rather than taking the tube. This journey takes me along the South Bank and it is simply glorious in the sunshine.



2. Broadgate is a short walk from my office and you never know what crazy shit will be going on there in your lunchbreak. Last week there were old ladies linedancing

YouTube Video

And yesterday there were people playing beach volleyball


You can't make this stuff up.

3. There are at least 3 branches of Starbucks within a 5 minute walk of my office. As a non coffee drinker, this took on far greater significance once my colleague introduced me to the delights of the (skinny) chai tea latte. It's a thing of delicious beauty..... *pops out for latte* Slluuuuuuuuuurppp.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment