Thursday 26 January 2012

Rubbish

Today has been rubbish.  I woke up to a text from my dog walker which led to us cancelling our scheduled walk this morning.  I planned to walk Murdoch near home but instead I fell back asleep and woke up with just enough time to get ready for work. Disaster!

Busy times at work continued today and instead of steadily working my way through my ever expanding list of things to do, I spent an enormous amount of time doing task avoidance and worrying about the amount of work I had to do. Which clearly isn't the most helpful use of time and effort and will certainly come back to bite me in the arse tomorrow.

To further compound my misery, a lethal combination of being outrageously fat and wearing some very tired leggings led to me spending the entire day hoiking up said leggings. Very annoying, although I've had the last laugh there, as the leggings are now in the bin. On the downside, I'm still astonishingly fat, but you can't win 'em all.

I went home in my lunch break to walk Murdoch.  Usually at lunchtime I drag him around the streets on his lead as we don't have much time, but I rushed around like a madwoman and managed to squeeze some extra time for our walk so he could have a run around.  As we walked around some local fields I had a sudden moment of enlightenment.  Instead of walking over to the place where Murdoch can run offlead, I could drive there and he'd have more time to run around while I enjoy a nice walk around the fields instead of the mean streets of Farncombe.  How is it possible that this never occurred to me before?

So my Janathon activity for today was a nice lunchtime walk.

3 comments:

  1. I need to get a cute dog like Murdoch. That would make exercise outtings more fun. Who can be unenthusiatic, when dogs are so excited to get out for exercise?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your lunchtime dog walk - lucky for Murdoch you thought about extra off lead time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope tomorrow's a better day :-)

    ReplyDelete