Wednesday 22 February 2012

As Dog is My Witless

I'm not a religious person.  Organised religion as a general concept is not one that sits easily with me, y'know, given the wide range of atrocities done in the name of God over the centuries.  That said, I do quite like the idea of giving something up for a period of oh, I don't know, maybe 40 days or so.  So I'm going to borrow some pearls of wisdom from my dog until I reach the excitement that is the long weekend of *ahem* Beaster (see what I did there?).

Murdoch's Commandments
You down with D*O*G? Yeah, you know me!

1. Thou shalt not eat any crisps or savoury snacks until Beaster.  If I'm not allowed to eat them, then you can't have them either.  And don't go eating nuts instead like you did that one year.  It's still cheating.

2.  Thou shalt not eat any chocolate until Beaster. It's poisonous, did you you know that? POISON! And no sweeties either. Sugar make you loco.

3.  Thou shalt not drink any fizzy drinks until Beaster. There's all kind of additives and crap in them. See above re: sugar

4.  Thou shalt run more than you currently do.  Running is lots of fun and it makes my tail wag.

3 comments:

  1. Agree about chocolate, crisps and fizzys, but nuts is good imho. Lots of protein and mono fats (which is OK stuff).

    Dog food for the do tho.....
    (Murd will hate me for that even though he's never met me - at least he doesn't have a facebook page like my friend's rabbit does).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The point about the nuts is that it's not ok to eat a giant bag of dry roasted peanuts on the basis that they are not crisps. It just isn't. So I'm saying no to them all for now and will consider reintroducing them a little bit when the sanity kicks in.

      PS - Murdoch would hate you. If he could read. Dodged a bullet there!

      Delete
  2. Good luck - perhaps us dog owners should take more notice of the rules we have for our dogs!

    ReplyDelete